Table of contents
Let’s dive into a collection of Aristotle’s most profound quotes. Who was aristotle anyway? Aristotle was a well-known philosopher that lived roughly in 1800 BCE. His ideas influenced Western philosophy and religion for centuries, to the point where most people know about him without even knowing who he is!
Aristotle was born in Macedonia, Greece in 384 BCE. He became an excellent student and the head of his school at 337 BCE.
He then met his friend, Plato and they lived as close friends for many years. Aristotle travelled much while he was alive, visiting different schools worldwide (including India).
He also wrote a book on Politics which covered all aspects of life in that time period. This book is called “Politics”, and it’s commonly referred to as political theory, or the foundation for politics as we know them today.
Aristotle died in 322 BC, aged 62, in Chalcis.
Aristotle was also best known for his views on God, Politics and immortality but had a wide range of insightful opinions from which we can learn.
I’ll just give you one of my personal favorites:
“It is impossible to pay too high a price for living too little. – Aristotle
Here are some of Aristotle’s profound quotes.
1) “The measure of a good man is not how many are his friends, but how many are his enemies” – Aristotle
2) “To live well is the best of all things; to live long the second-best.” – Aristotle
3) A friend to all is a friend to none.” – Aristotle
4) “That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. – Aristotle
5) “It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” – Aristotle
6) “It is not a nominalist view that things are in motion and are changing; it is the view of someone who takes the truth about motion seriously.” – Aristotle
7) “There is a difference between knowing with your head and knowing with your heart.” – Aristotle
8) “The only real valuable thing is intuition.” – Aristotle
9) “It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.” – Aristotle
10) “The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.” – Aristotle
11) “The unexamined life is not worth living” – Aristotle
Aristotle indeed was an amazing philosopher. His ideas and ideals have influenced the way we live today in many ways, and they will continue to be influential for years to come.
Thanks for reading!
You might be interested in top technology trends that will change the coming decade.