Table of contents
Let’s look at why fully remote works best for both company and employee. Remote companies are seeking software developers in droves. There are many reasons for this.
It’s no surprise why. There are a lot of benefits to hiring employees remotely, both for the employer and the remote employee. If you’re considering remote employment, here’s how you can tell if it’s worth it for you to start looking for a new position with a company that has staff distributed around the world:
- There is a demand for skilled remote workers.
- It is easier to travel to countries with lower or no cost of living and work remotely from there..
- The nature of the work does not require an office space, reducing costs (rent, insurance).
- Open office layouts are now being abandoned due to distractions preventing workers from concentrating on their projects efficiently..
- Giving employees the opportunity to telecommute can reduce absenteeism rates, increase productivity levels and make use of more existing resources..
- Working from home and maintaining a small company or business is easier when you have your family around..
- Telecommuting helps employees minimize distractions during work hours, improving work/life balance (giving employees more time to spend with family).
Why Fully Remote Works Best For Both Company And Employee
- Remote companies provide more work-life balance and fewer distractions than office jobs do.
- Working from home gives you a balance of work and life that perhaps you wouldn’t get in an office job, so it can be hard to get work done sometimes.
- But remote jobs also give you more freedom to make your own hours and do other things that you find enjoyable.
- Most remote jobs are located in extremely convenient locations for commuting. So if you want to cut down on transit time and become a carpooler, going remote can help.
- Remote companies have higher retention rates and lower turnover than office jobs.
- Some remote companies even offer free housing or generous relocation packages for candidates who are looking for new job opportunities. By offering this, these companies are able to avoid high turnover rates, which can cost a company thousands of dollars in the long run.
- Remote companies save money when it’s time to hire and re-hire because there’s no need to spend extra money to find you an apartment or buy you a car.
- Remote jobs allow candidates who may not want to move for a job the opportunity to work remotely from wherever they are, wherever that may be.
- Remote companies don’t have the same barriers to entry as office jobs. The person you are interviewing doesn’t have to go through the trouble of getting approval from a higher-up or spending money on new chairs for the offices.
- The cost of living is also lower in some areas around the world, which helps remote companies keep costs low and pass savings onto their candidates.
What to look for in a remote company
Remote companies are popping up all over the place and there are many different options for people wanting to work from home. While many of these companies do offer benefits and perks to their remote employees, some don’t offer much at all. If you’re thinking about working for a remote company, here’s what to look for.
- The company should be remotely only if you have time to work remotely.
- The company should provide benefits that allow you to telecommute, such as health insurance, a pension plan or other perks.
- The company should let you work from home for a trial period of at least 30 days so you can see if working from home fits your lifestyle.
- The company should offer an option for telecommuting, even if it is just part-time.
- The company should be a profitable one that has been around for at least two years so there’s proof that it will be around in the future.
- The company should also provide an option for flex-work hours and allow you to work remotely on days you want to work from home or not in the office.
- The company should offer remote employee benefits, such as a retirement plan and health insurance.
- The company should let you work from home full-time if that’s what you want to do.
- The company should be flexible and let you work from home once or twice per week if you want to try it out first before committing to working remotely full time.
- The company should have open communication with its employees and offer ample opportunities for feedback so that employees feel like they can make suggestions for improving the company and thus feel more invested in the company’s success.
These are just a few of the many benefits that remote work can provide both employers and candidates, but there are many more if you’re looking for more reasons why you should work remotely.
You might be interested in will remote working become the new working mode?